Key dates & times
Exhibition 10 am – 6 pm, Sat 28 Oct & Sun 29 Oct
Entries close midnight Sun 15 Oct
Artwork delivery: 2 pm – 6 pm Thurs 26 Oct
Unsold artwork collection: 6.15 pm – 8 pm Sun 29 Oct
Open Studio Art Exhibition
Terms & Conditions of Entry – 2023
- Entry to this exhibition is open only to members of Peninsula Arts Society Inc (PAS).
- Entries close midnight Sunday 15 October 2023.
- Each exhibitor may enter a maximum of 2 artworks.
- Entrance Fee: $10.00 per artwork.
- All exhibits must be for sale.
- No commission will be taken by PAS.
- Acceptance and display of artwork entries shall be at the sole discretion of the PAS Committee, which reserves the right to refuse any entry or to display an artwork.
- Artwork must be the original work of the exhibitor. Following NOT accepted: copies of another artists’ work; copies of tutor’s demonstration studies; works to which a tutor has contributed.
- Each artwork must be clearly marked on the back with title, artist’s name, address and price.
- Delivery: all artworks must be delivered directly to rostered volunteers at the PAS studios between 2 – 6 pm on Thursday 26th October.
- Collection: unsold artwork must be collected from the PAS studios no earlier than 6.15 pm and no later than 8 pm on Sunday 29th October – either personally or with written authority from the artist.
- Artworks will not be released to buyers prior to the close of the exhibition.
- Framing requirements:
- Artworks must have attached professional framing cord or wire with 2 cm of slack for hanging.
- Wet paintings, works with metal clip frames or damaged frames will not be accepted.
- Unframed oil or acrylic paintings on stretched canvas must have painted sides with no staples showing.
- Prices of hung paintings are not negotiable. Exhibitors may not alter price, titles or medium of any work submitted via the exhibition entry form.
- Exhibitors agree that persons authorised by the PAS committee may photograph or otherwise record any work entered, or part thereof, and these photos or recordings may be used for the purposes of publicising the PAS Open Studio & Exhibition or PAS in general. Usage may include reproduction in print media, social media, and on the PAS website. Artists will be credited where possible. Exhibitors retain copyright in their artwork.
- PAS will exercise reasonable care in handling the works submitted, but will not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever to any works while in the custody of PAS. Entrants are advised to photograph and insure their works.
- PAS will not be held responsible for any paintings which are not picked up by stated collection times. Exhibitors must notify the PAS Committee of any artworks that have not been collected, and agree that these artworks are left at the studios at the exhibitor’s own risk.
- Exhibiting members are required, if requested, to serve a rostered duty and attend any necessary prior training. Each exhibitor is required to select preferred duties and duty times when submitting their entry form. If an exhibitor needs an exemption from all roster duty they can declare this on the entry form and if willing provide a reason. If a rostered exhibitor is unable to perform their assigned duty due to illness etc, it is important that they inform a Committee member as soon as possible prior to the scheduled duty time. We request that they make every attempt to find a substitute volunteer to take their place.
- On the exhibition entry form exhibitors must declare whether income derived from the sale of artwork entered into this exhibition is business income or hobby income. If business income, you need to provide your ABN number so that we are not obliged to withhold tax when we transfer the payment to you.